Greece is a living history brimming with rich tales about Greek god and goddesses. There’s no better way to dig deeper and gain helpful insight into the lifestyle of the ancient Greeks by visiting its place. Greece is home to a plethora of historic sites, the most popular one being the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Temple of Hephaestus, Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the temple of the Olympian Zeus and many more.
Allegiant Airlines Deals brings you the craziest flight deals for your upcoming trips. All you need to do is visit Allegiant Airlines or call one of our customer support and we guarantee you insane deals for any one of your favorite destinations.
Here are some of the must-visit historical sites you don’t wanna miss out in Greece:
1. The Odeon of Herodes Atticus: Herodeon is a historical site that best exemplifies the Ottoman-era architecture.
2. Temple of Hephaestus: Archaeological site and an ancient ruin designed by Ictinus in the 5th century BCE. This temple is one of the best-preserved ancient Greek temples located next to Agora of Athens.
3. Parthenon: Parthenon is a majestic and imposing ruin of a temple that dates back from the 447-432 BCE. It was the homage of the goddess Athena and was constructed during the Ottoman occupation.
4. The Temple of Athena Nike: The Temple of Athena Nike was designed by the mastermind Callicrates during the 420 BC. This was temple was dedicated to the Goddess of Victory and is most notable for its sizable columns that depict feminine elements of the goddess.
5. The Erechtheion: The Erechtheion was built around 421 BC and was dedicated to the Goddess of Athena, the God of Poseidon- Erechtheus. The temple features sculpted female figurines as columns.
6. KerameikosCemetry: This is an ancient cemetery located in downtown Athens. This cemetery was named after the potters who lived around this region and was once used for the Panathenaic procession.
For more blogs and travel information you can visit Allegiant Airlines Official Site today.